Looking to get a gift for the runner in your life? No need to spend a fortune (but you can if you want to). I have compiled two lists for two price ranges. There is something for everyone.
5 Gifts under $20
- Socks: We all need socks. Some of us are pickier than others. Look for words like seamless and wicking and you should be safe.
- Gloves: It’s getting chilly (even here in So Cal), warm hands can make the difference between a comfortable run and a miserable one.
- Yurbuds: These earbuds are great! They stay in place and have great sound. They come in a variety of colors for under 20 bucks. Even if your runner has a favorite earbud, these can be great back-ups. I have Yurbuds for when I forget to charge my wireless Jaybirds.
- Bag of fuel: Fill a gift bag with Cliff bars, GU, Sports Beans, Cliff Blocks, and Power Bars. It’s a great way for your runner to try new brands and flavors.
- Variety Bag: Fill a gift bag with travel size sunscreen, lip balm, body glide, Band-aids, body spray (we get pretty stinky) and wet wipes (individually wrapped wipes are handy on a long run).
5 Gifts over $20 (some, way over)
- GPS watch: These can run anywhere from $100 to $500. I have a Garmin Forerunner that works just fine for my needs. I think it was a little over $100 (I’ve had it a while. It’s my 3rd upgrade) Be sure to check product reviews to weed out the ones that have technical issues.
- Fuel belt: Great for the long distance runner. I like ones with Velcro closures, they stay in place the best. Again, read reviews to find the best for what you’re looking for.
- Race registration: Races can get pricey, especially if you are running more than a couple a year. If you know of a race that your runner wants to do, surprising them with a registration (or hotel stay ;-)) would be a great gift!
- Jaybirds: My favorite earbuds. They are wireless, Bluetooth earbuds that actually stay in place. It’s great not having to deal with a wire.
- Gift Card for a local running shop: May seem lazy but every runner wants one.
Hope these lists help make it easier to pick a gift for the runner in your life. Or maybe there is something on the list you want to treat yourself to. Happy Holidays!
If you have any questions about these products or any other product, feel free to leave your question in the comment section below. Click on any of the products to go to Amazon.com. If you purchase something through my blog I get a (very) small percentage. It never affects the price you pay. Thanks for the support!
Remember, check the “notify me of updates by email” so you never miss a post.
***Your email is never shared and all information is always protected. ***
Thanks for reading!