Goals: Be The Best You Can Be
September wasn’t as successful as I had hoped. I won’t go as far as to say it was a complete bust…but close. I’ve been fighting a cold for weeks now. It hasn’t kept me down but it has kept me from really pushing myself.
- Running goals: My goal was to do more hills, work in a trail run or 2, and continue with my interval training. None of this happened. 🙁 Let me explain…I worked a couple extra shifts to off-set the cost of a new bike (which I love♥♥) but I think I wore my immune system down and my butt has been dragging (up to a few days ago). I ran my usual 3.5 – 4 miles but nothing fast or hilly.
- Strength training: My goal was to add squats and lunges to my arm workout. I did do this a few times throughout the month, but again, my butt was dragging. :-/
- Planks: No planks done! That’s okay, October is here and I’m back on track!
- Healthy recipe: No new recipes but I did make a couple of favorites and ate salad for lunch a lot. 🙂
- Stretching/foam roller: A little stretching, no foam rolling (requires too much energy :-/).
- Bullet Journal: I enjoyed dressing up my journal. I got the stamp pens and a friend gave me some fancy tape. Unfortunately with my slow workout month it wasn’t as full as I would have liked.
- Running goals: I’m rolling over last month’s goals to this month. Hills, trails, and interval training.
- Strength training: Continue squats and lunges but aim for 3 times a week.
- Planks: Rolling over this goal too. 1 min. plank five nights a week.
- Add antioxidants to meals and snacks: Antioxidants help combat free radicals from pollution and stress. They also help improve energy and alertness. I need both of these. 😉
- Stretching/foam roller: 10 min. after my long run once a week. I really need to make this a priority. Does anyone else have trouble making time for stretching?
- Keep track of water intake: I feel like I drink a lot of water but until I track it I don’t really know for sure.
Do you set goals every month, week or day?
What goal to you have trouble reaching?
Thanks for reading!